Keeping under-fives safe online
Children love using technology and are learning to navigate websites, online games and consoles, and touch screen technology like tablets and smart phones from a younger and younger age.
Talking to your child – openly and regularly – is the best way to help keep them safe online.
You might find it helpful to start with a family discussion to set boundaries and agree what’s appropriate. Or you might need a more specific conversation about an app or website your child wants to use or something you’re worried about.
If you’re not sure where to start then here’s the advice you need – great ways to begin conversations to keep your child safe online. And you can always call our O2 and NSPCC online safety helpline for free expert advice.
Rainbow Food Corner
Try cooking our delicious pizza recipe. Through this cooking activity your child will learn to develop their confidence, independence language, communication and physical skills.
Rainbow Pizza recipe
- Mini pitta or naan bread
- Tomato puree / tomato paste
- Any topping you like, including:
- grated cheese
- red onion
- grated carrot
- green, red and yellow peppers olives mushrooms
- Line a muffin tray with silicone muffin cases or paper cases. Fill the cases with the pesto, tomato puree, cheese and veggies.
- Place this tray onto the kitchen table or another surface, along with the pitta breads or naan breads and let the children make their own pizzas.
- Bake the pizzas on a baking or pizza tray in a preheated oven (180c / 350f) for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before cutting and serving.