CHILD PROTECTION & SAFEGUARDING
At Rainbow Nursery, we aim to keep children safe by adopting the highest possible standards and taking all reasonable steps to protect children from harm.
The purpose of this Child Protection Policy is to set a clear protocol of action and a framework of our responsibilities and legal duties in relation to your child’s welfare.
The hope is to ensure a reliable and effective response in the event of any concern for your child’s welfare, and to support your child and your family.
Safeguarding is a much wider subject than the elements covered within this single child protection policy; therefore this document is used in conjunction with the other nursery policies and procedures and in line with regulations and government guidance.
Our nursery will work with children, parents, external agencies and the community to ensure the welfare and safety of children and to give them the very best start in life. Children have the right to be treated with respect and to be safe from any abuse in whatever form.
To this end we will:
- Create an environment to encourage children to develop a positive self-image
- Encourage children to develop a sense of independence and autonomy in a way that is appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all children
- Always listen to children.
- Share information in context